A few important things:
- Phronk.com is a real web site now! All the URLs around here now start with “phronk.com” rather than “phronko.blogspot.com”, which never really made sense, and nobody took me seriously, and I cried about it a lot. NO MORE.
- However, this has caused a bunch of comments to be lost. I guess this is a known issue and hopefully not permanent.
- There’s a new header image. I wish I had more time to work on it, but it’s fine for now I guess. And it’s not huge any more, so the blog should load faster if you‘re on dialup.
- I wandered into a different grocery store than my usual one a few days ago. I saw something called “frozen cassava” in the freezer, and I had no idea what cassava was, so I bought it.
- It is cheap enough that I could probably eat it exclusively for a few weeks, in order to save money.
- This is cassava:
- It looks kinda like a hairy … let’s say … finger.
- When I researched the vegetable, this is what Wikipedia told me:
Konzo is an epidemic paralytic disease. The outbreaks are associated with several weeks of almost exclusive consumption of insufficiently processed bitter cassava.
- If you don’t see me for a while, please call a doctor, and tell her that I am paralyzed in my apartment, sick with konzo.