Here are some more words I do not like:
- “Grout”: What a gross word. Plus, grout itself is gross. It always starts out white, but a few days later it’s black and brown with dirt, dead skin, slime, and who knows what else. This is why I like my floors carpeted.
- “Woo Woo”, or just “Woo” (in reference to bullshit paranormal stuff): What are you, 6 years old? Nothing puts an end to serious scientific and skeptical discussions like suddenly breaking into babbling baby-speak.
- “Rafe”: I apologize in advance if your name is Rafe, but dude, you have a really stupid name. I watched Pearl Harbor recently, and got distracted because I thought they were constantly talking about sexual assault. “No, self”, I said to myself, “it’s Rafe, with an F.” If you look up the meaning of the name Rafe, you will see the following entry: “from a German word meaning a huge douchebag; Ben Affleck.” True story.
To keep from being all negative, here are some words that I do like:
- “Bacon”: Because bacon is just inherently funny. So is pork.
- “Antediluvian”: This is a fun word to say. Antediluvian antediluvian antediluvian. Ahh, that felt good. Don’t know what it means? Try THIS informative site.
- “The Cat’s Ass” (in reference to something that is awesome): This may have gone out of style 50 years ago, but I think it’s time for a comeback. Kids, next time you’re out on a date, please tell your lady friend, “baby, I really think you’re the cat’s ass.” You are guaranteed to get laid.
Here are more words that I hate.
6 responses to “"Say Your Right Words", the Goblins Said”
I use “woo”, but only if I’m making fun of something or someone. I think the baby-speakitude of the word is appropriate, given the intellectual content of many of the things I’d apply it to. But you’re right about one thing — I’d never use it in a serious discussion. Not that I ever have serious discussions, so that’s kinda hypothetical…
Love that picture.
love the tatt…
It sucks not having blog access at work. I’m so behind… I don’t know how you have time to do your Phd, write a novel, teach, and well live. I can barely feed myself.
Candice: True, it can be appropriate for the level of thought some people put into the things w- er…THAT WORD – applies too. But see? I can’t even type it. Maybe I had a bad experience with it as a child.>>Chekov & Sharkboy: Yeah, I love gross cat butts too. >>Jason: The secret is to neglect friends and family, and put very little thought into everything you do.
That has to be the worst tattoo ever.